Sri Dalada maligawa or temple of tooth relic temple is in the heart of Sri Lanka’s former capital city, Kandy. Temple is located in the royal palace complex along with Kandy Lake.
It is considered that the Tooth of Gautam Buddha (Founder of Buddhism) is kept here inside the chamber. According to Sri Lankan history, Buddha tooth played an important role. Whoever holds the tooth, would hold the governance of the country.
The temple complex got two major bombing attacks in 1989 and 1998, causing a lot of damage in the temple complex. That is the reason this temple covers with a lot of security around.
Apart from its religious importance within the country. The temple has beautiful structure, and is considered as one of beautiful architecture in Sri Lanka. Kandy is a UNESCO world heritage city mainly because of this temple.
Apart from the Budhha’s tooth chamber, This temple complex has a Royal palace, Audience hall, Kandy Museum & International Buddhist Museum.
This place should be in your top of Bucket list while visiting this beautiful Island.
STUNNING PHOTOS OF SRI LANKA’S MOST BEAUTIFUL ARCHITECTURE OF TEMPLE OF TOOTH
ADVISE FOR VISITORS
- Entrance ticket for the foreigners is LKR 1500, while for the SAARC countries & Thailand/ Myanmar is LKR 1,000.
- Temple opens from 05:30 AM to 08:00 PM for visitors/ Pilgrimage.
- Entrance ticket is valid for entry to world Buddhist museum, Dalada Museum, Raja Tusker Museum, Royal Palace archaeology museum.
- Entry in the temple is only for appropriately dressed visitors. Low Cut or sleeveless clothing, Shorts, Mini Skirts, Hijab, Niqab, Burkha, Hats, and shoes are not allowed.
- For Any Enquiry, Please visit temple’s official website www.sridaladamaligawa.lk, Email: email@example.com & Contact: 081-2234226
Please let me know if you love these Photos above of this Beautiful temple. if you had already explored this site, please share your experience with me, I would love to hear from you Guys.
Thanks for Reading